Genesis 12 (You’re Doing it Wrong)
Genesis 12:1-3 – 1 Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go forth from your country, from your relatives, and from your father’s house, to the land which I will show you; 2 and I will make you a great nation, I will bless you, and make your name great; and so you shall be a blessing; 3 and I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”
I am fairly certain you do not understand this passage. You may wonder how I come to this conclusion? I look at your actions and your political stances. Somehow we have taken the word bless and turned it into, “give money to” As if giving money is the same as blessing. But it isn’t. If that were true, then the whole story of Abraham and Melek T’zadik is wrong. Melek T’zadik blessed Abraham, yet Abraham was the one who gave money to the priest.
I think what bothers me most about this is that most of you don’t even bless Israel yourselves. You get all up in arms because The President, or presidential candidate doesn’t bless Israel enough, yet you have done nothing yourself. Its time for us to stop hiding behind the government and start doing things for ourselves.
When I say I bless Israel, I mean it. I have prayed for Israel for years, and I have supported Israel with my time and my money. I have been there twice and am going back in December. I have cultivated relationships with Christians, Jews, and Arabs in Israel. There are trees in Israel that I have helped to plant. There are people in Israel who have been blessed and affected because of things I have done.
Its more than money, and I am not waiting for Obama, Romney, Ron Paul, or anyone else to do it for me. Now, do not get me wrong, I do want my nation to stand for Israel and bless her, but we aren’t truly doing this right now. Sure, we give lots of money to Israel, but we use it as a smokescreen for manipulation. We give money but then Israel needs to get our permission to do anything for fear we may not give next time. Could you imagine a pastor thinking like this? “I can’t preach the cross because the congregation might not give…” LAME!
Recently we offered high grade weapons tech to Israel in exchange we asked them not to start a war with Iran. This is ludicrous. Israel is an independent nation and needs to be allowed to be an independent nation. We in America don’t wait for permission when we go to war, we do what we need to do to protect our people. Well Israel is in much more dire straits than we are, yet we expect them to get our approval? I want a government that realizes that Israel is our friend, but they are also their own nation. We should stand behind them and support them when they need it, not when its beneficial to us.
But I will leave the subject of the government alone for a minute and go back to personal responsibility. You need to bless Israel. When I was there last November, I met with the Mister of Foreign Affairs, The Minister of Information, and several members of Knesset (Israeli Senate) they all said the same thing, “The best way to bless Israel is to come here and experience our life. To invest in Israel and Israeli companies.”
Its time for us to take our ‘support’ personally. Its time to invest in the nation, in its businesses and its people. Its time to do more than “pray’ because we have some ‘Israel Mandate’ I know you can’t all shell out the money to go, but you can do something. There are organizations in Israel that need your help. Let me share a few:
- http://www.shilohisraelchildren.org/ – I have personally been to their facilities and know their need, and fully support the work they do. They need your help.
- http://seedsofhope.org/- This non profit was founded by Tass Saada, Former PLO Sniper who is now a Christian helping bring restoration in Israel. Here is a video testimony of Tass. He also happens to be the father of my friend Ben AbuSaada who is one of my Allaboutworship.com mates.
- http://www.iga-intl.com/index.php – I am a graduate of the first class of the Israel Goodwill Ambassador Academy and love the work that they are doing in Israel.
- http://www.jerusalempraise.com/ – This is a house of Prayer in Jerusalem. I have been here and served with my ministry Warring Dove International. We have lead worship and ministered to people here in this prayer room and I can’t say enough good things about Rick Ridings and his work.
- http://www.myolivetree.com/my-olive-tree/home – Rabi Curt Landry helped form this organization to plant trees in Israel and bless hem with longterm sustainable growth. Our ministry helped purchase a number of trees and are very excited about this work. Maybe you can’t buy one alone, but you and friends could do it together and fund it that way.
These are five organizations who need your support and ways you can help bless Israel yourself.
Again, I would love the US government to support Israel, but for me to expect them to do it for me is wrong. I can’t expect my pastor or worship leader to get me into the presence of God. Sometimes I have to learn to Obey the Lord myself and get my own blessing. I know this is controversial, but I do not care. Its time we stopped hiding behind the government and became the People of God we are called to be.
Genesis 12 is waiting for us to begin to fulfill it. God is searching for those who are doing it and waiting to pour out blessing. Will you answer the call? Sorry if you are offended.